15th August, 2016
Can you really afford to ignore direct mail?
Many people dismiss the idea of direct mail (DM) as being an outdated and inefficient way to do business, but if you’re ignoring it then you are missing out on huge opportunities to engage with your customers and prospects. Here’s our take on the huge influence direct mail has on your business, and what you can do to make yours stand out.
What is DM?
Direct Mail is a form of advertising, which can be used by businesses of any size and in any industry, whether it’s a private sector company or a charity, to generate more leads. We have some eye-catching creative ideas as well as many innovative products you can use to communicate a message and a call to action to your customers.
Why should you include it?
If your marketing activities don’t include any direct mail campaigns, then we really think you need to reconsider your strategy. A multi-channel approach takes into account the fact that marketers and companies need to provide a seamless customer experience across every channel and device, and that most consumers are influenced by more than one channel on their path to conversion. DM campaigns are used to successfully engage and pique interest with your customers, who then follow up this activity with research and respond to the call to action, more often than not through a digital device. If you don’t include DM in your suite of marketing channels, you are missing a potentially crucial area for your customers to engage with you.
What do you need to consider for a successful DM campaign?
Like with any other marketing campaign, there are some key elements you’ll need to carefully consider if you want to make the most of it:
- Your message – what are you trying to say? Is it concise? Is it written in a style your target market will understand?
- Your call to action – is it strong enough? You want to elicit a direct response from a DM campaign, so your CTA needs to be clear, and allow your customers to contact you in a way that suits them best – so have multiple contact methods
- Your creative – is it eye-catching and unique? DM is a great way to test new creative concepts – you can send to a smaller sample first, and then send the winning concept to the majority after the test reveals a winner.
- Your targeting – who do you want to put this message in front of? When is the right time to do it?
- Your measurement – how will you gauge the success of your campaign?
What can you do to make yours stand out?
At The Smart Group, we have lots of experience in helping customers to make their DM campaigns stand out with creative call to action ideas. We handle everything, from initial concepts right through to delivery, and there’s never been a better time to get in touch with us to start brainstorming ideas.